Introduction of the Joy Foundation
JOY FOUNDATION is a non-profit; developmental organization started by group of young people in March 2005 and got registration in June 2009 under Societies’ Registration Act, 1860. The Organization operates independently regardless of religious, political or economic influences. The organization started its work along with a community Center for disabled people in Toba Tek Singh District.
Along with its extended activities in other fields, at present Joy Foundation is actively involved with the downtrodden, for the development of most neglected and oppressed communities’ of both rural and urban areas of district Toba Tek Singh and neighbor districts. Women Empowerment, Education, Youth Empowerment, Emergency Relief, Disabled Empowerment, Peace building and Interfaith Harmony, Environment, WASH and Health are the major initiatives of Joy Foundation. The staff is dedicated to reach all the communities at grassroots level, expanding its services in all the focus areas to grow and spread joy and peace.
Is to create such an oppression-less, non-discriminatory society, where all the citizen have access to equal rights, freedom and opportunities in ways that enable them to live safe and dignified lives and thereby get opportunities to express their creativity. The mode to achieve this is through raising collective voices in sustainable manner.
Is to strengthen the dignity of people and enhance their capacity to raise their voice to access their basic rights through capacity building, institution development, participation, equal opportunities at every level by ensuring sensitization and education on the social issues.
- To undertake human development without any discrimination based on creed, race, colors, language and nationality
- To help the children with education, food, good health, information and awareness about hygiene.
- Building capacity of the local youth by transforming skills & give them opportunities to become leaders to create peace and harmony in the society.
- To protect women’s health and empower them socially, economically and politically so that they can participate in every sphere
of life with equal opportunities.
- To assist the disabled in the process of rehabilitation and reformation.
- To assist people in emergencies and help the communities to identify practices to tackle the climate change issues.
- Education (Formal , Non- Formal, sponsorship program with poor children)
- Women Empowerment Program (Economical, Social , Cultural aspects and their Basic rights)
- Youth Empowerment Program (Capacity Building program, Theatre group, Music Group)
- Health & Water, Sanitation and Hygiene program (Awareness programs on WASH, Free Medical Camps, Free Water Filter distribution, TBAs training program)
- Interfaith Harmony & Peace Building (Iftar Parties, Peace through Sports, essay & poster Competition and Cooperation circle with URI to promote peace in TTS)
- Environment (Tree plantation in TTS, awareness programs)
- Emergency Relief (Manmade & Natural Disasters )
- Toba Tek Singh (Head office)
- Surrounding Areas